Discover CrossRoads admission process and what can be done to sure you or your loved one is provided the most comfortable experience possible.
What are the Criteria for Admissions?
We admit adults of at least 18 years of age who are struggling with an addiction to a mind- or mood-altering substance. We do accept individuals who have been court-referred by law enforcement.
What Do I Bring to Treatment?
- Casual, Comfortable Clothes: Our atmosphere is casual and comfortable. While attire is provided during acute-level care stays, usually lasting 3-5 days, comfortable clothing to wear to the next level of care is necessary.
- Personal Hygiene Items: Pack your toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, and shampoo, etc.
Prescription Medications: Pack your medications (in the original bottle with doctor prescribed protocol) in a plastic Ziplock bag to bring with you. These will be locked in an office and return to you, after your acute-level care stay.
- Cell phones: There are some restrictions as to when and where you can use your cell phone, but you may bring it with you. If your phone has a camera, be respectful of the anonymity of our individuals. Please, only take pictures with other individuals if you have their permission and do not post pictures on social networks. There is a 20-day blackout period where you will not be able to use your cell phone.
CrossRoads provides all meals and snacks. Outside food is not allowed during your acute-level of care. As you transition to higher levels of care, you may have access to outside food stuffs.
What Can I leave at Home?
- Bedding and Towels (we provide them)
- Valuables (But if you need to bring something valuable, we can secure it in our safe for you.)
- Weapons or anything that can be used as a weapon
- Tobacco products
Am I Able to Smoke or Use the Internet?
Smoking is NOT allowed in the facility, at anytime. Designated, outside smoking areas are available to you once you have completed your acute-level of care program. In higher levels of care, internet is available. We appreciate you not bringing a personal laptop with you for your initial care, until your blackout period is complete.
Can I Get a Ride From the Airport?
A CrossRoads company van, may provide transportation to and from the McCarren Airport in Las Vegas. Our admission staff can help you set up this transportation.
Where Should I Go When I Arrive at CrossRoads?
CrossRoads does not have onsite parking for individuals. We ask that you arrange for storing your car at a friend or relatives residence.
Bring your ID, insurance card, and other items with you when you come inside.
If you have a scheduled appointment and arrival time, someone will meet you at the front door; otherwise, simply enter the building and you’ll see the reception window in front of you.
What Happens During the Admit Process?
The admissions process generally takes about two hours, consisting of a one-hour medical assessment and a one-hour comprehensive psychiatric assessment with a licensed clinical.
During the admission process, you will meet with the doctor (as needed), give us your medical history, sign some legal paperwork, take some tests (i.e. breathalyzers), and make a down payment if you haven’t already made one. After your paperwork and tests are completed, we will show your room to you.
Experience The CrossRoads Difference
|10:1||STAFF TO CLIENT RATIO|
Have a friend or family member struggling?
Ask to be transferred to an addiction specialist to discuss your loved one.